One of the UK’s most coveted event of the year, London Fashion Week has been running recently for few weeks and I was there to share my experience with you :).
Working for a fashion company I have a hint of how important it is to know before everyone else does, what the trends are going to be like for the coming season. However, you don’t really need to work for a fashion company to witness the buzz, the franticness and the excitement you get in London during those weeks, which is palpable even for an outsider.
This event has been running by the British Fashion Council for 30 years now and, this year, the main venue for the presentation space was the 180 Strand. A flock of bloggers, press and influencers had been gathering the venues to be the first to know what the next cutting-edge piece or designer of the season are.
From the likes of Alexander Mc Queen, Vivienne Westwood, Burberry and Cristopher Kane I’ll give you some insights of what the next IT Brit Label will be.
Here the best bits: Photos and trends are in no particular order.
2.Slip Dresses – Underwear as Outerwear
The classic and ubiquitous English rose took root across the catwalks from Emilia Wickstead, Topshop Unique, Preen and Mulberry.
Statement sleeves are, also, one of the biggest trends. Whatever it’d be puffed, trumpet, tiered etc…you name it!
And, finally this is where it was hosted:
- BFC SHOW SPACE – The Store Studios, 180 Strand, London, WC2R 1EA
- BFC PRESENTATION SPACE – The Store Studios, 180 Strand, London, WC2R 1EA
- TOPSHOP SHOW SPACE – Tate Modern Turbine Hall, Bankside, London SE1 9TG
- THE PAINTING ROOMS PRESENTATIONS – Hosted by The Royal Society of Arts, Durham House Street, London WC2H 6HG
- ON | OFF – Oxo Tower Wharf, Bargehouse Street, South Bank, London SE1 9PH