This recipe is the result of one of my recent attemps at cooking (yeah for those who don’t know me well, literally, ATTEMPS). But I must admit that I am getting better at it and, last but not least, definitely putting an effort.
And as the wise Anonymous says: “Cooking is love made visible”, let’s show some love today!
Whilst wondering on the web I came across to this recipe from the Giallo Zafferano, an italian cooking website which I truly recommend when in the look for some tasty and easy to repeat italian recipes.
This a light, fresh and remarkably easy to make appetizer which doesn’t require too much effort, but at the same time, is nice to present on the table when inviting friends for dinner.
- The ingredients are:
- Zucchini slices 12
- Robiola 100 g (any soft cheese will do the trick)
- Ham (Prosciutto crudo like Parma is preferable) 40 gr
- Chives , chopped 1 tablespoon
- Pepper ground black pepper
1) Firstly, allow the Zucchini to lose part of their water, then cut them lenghtwise – 2,3 mm- and then grill them side by side for at least 2 minutes per side. Less than that doesn’t really work me.
2) Mix in a bowl the soft cheese with the rest of the ingredients until they amalgamate together in a cream.
3) Leave the zucchini to cool down for a little while so you can easily spread the cream afterwards.
4) Roll the zucchini and garnish them with chives.
And there you have it!
In case you were wondering how many calories does a zucchini contain, here you can find the numbers: