If you can’t beat the heat but looking for ways to cool down a little over these “steamy” London summer days, here you can find some tips.
- Go for a swim at the Lidos
London has few ponds, lidos, and pools to choose from. The most well-knowns are the Serpentine, Hampstead Heath Pond, London fields Lido. Here’s a list of the best lidos in London from the Londonist.
2. Outdoor cinemas and Theatres
Summer in London means watching outdoor screens, plays, and performances. Here’s a list of the best outdoor cinemas for this summer by the Independent.
3. Go to a festival
A list of some of the London best festivals:
- Lovebox Location: Lovebox Festival, Crown Gate, Victoria Park, Grove Road, Bow, London
- Field Day Location: Victoria Park, Grove Road, London
- Citadel Festival Location: Crown Gate, Victoria Park, Grove Road, Bow, London
- Notting Hill Carnival Party Location: Merchant Square
4. Spend a day in Southbank
Nothing beats a riverside walk, especially when the sunshine is in. You can browse the book market,fling yourself in the fountain just outside the Southbank River, head to Udderbelly (you can’t miss the big purple cow), or watch some street performers.
5. Beer Gardens!
Lastly, but not in order of importance, are the alfresco dining options available during the summer months. Pubs, cafe’ and restaurants add that “countryside” vibe by opening their gardens to the crowd. Some of them have the added bonus of an amazing view!
Hope you enjoyed my guide, but please let me know if there’s something you wish to be added to the list. 🙂